Let's say you run a website about sports. Do you want to collect blog posts on various sporting topics? What do you do if you can't afford reBlogger ($500)?
You can roll your own reBlogger for free! Yes! You can build a subject collection on your own website or intranet in a few manual steps:
- Find a bunch of feeds you want to track
- Use RSS Mix or Feed Digest or Feed Blendr or Feed Shake to collate/merge a bunch of feeds together
- Use Feed Rinse or ZapTXT to remove the rude words and exclude off topic posts
- Use an RSS Parser (choose from list 1 or list 2) to extract posts based on keywords or topics
- Use RSS Cache to keep a track of which items you previously posted to your website and only let you have the newest items (no duplicates)
- Use Feed Digest (or RSS to JS converter) to get the feeds transferred onto your website
- Automate some scripts to insert forward/backward navigation into the new pages (indexes, categories)
- Mashup (automate) all of that hourly
Or… simply buy reBlogger and get all of that integrated into one suite… with great administrator features!