Taken from the superb Technorati blog. Please read the full details for yourself.
- State of the Blogosphere, February 2006 Part 1: On Blogosphere Growth
- State of the Blogosphere, February 2006 Part 2: Beyond Search
Ok I know this is old news. I know. But I want it recorded here so that we can look back on it. 🙂
Half of all blogs actively use tagging!
1.2 million posts per day and 50,000 per hour!
- Technorati now tracks over 27.2 Million blogs
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 5 and a half months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 13.7 million bloggers are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
- Spings (Spam Pings) can sometimes account for as much as 60% of the total daily pings Technorati receives
- Sophisticated spam management tools eliminate the spings and find that about 9% of new blogs are spam or machine generated
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
- Over 81 million posts with tags since January 2005, increasing by 400,000 per day
- Blog Finder has over 850,000 blogs, and over 2,500 popular categories have attracted a critical mass of topical bloggers